For a lot of people buying condoms can be a confusing process. Safe, enjoyable and effective condom use is not a ‘one size fits all’ proposition. Proper condom fit is the key to comfort and reliable protection for both partners. When condom is too large it can slip off during intercourse. Too small, it’s prone to break. The best condom is the one that fits you perfectly.
In a recent condom sizing survey of 3,000 men
- 25% complained that condoms are too tight
- 15% reported issues with condoms that were “too loose.”
- 44% of survey participants claimed condoms had either slipped off or broke during use.
- 50% felt that condoms, in general, do not fit well.
In other words, an alarming 50% of condom users are not only having bad sex, but risky bad sex, which is inexcusable and unnecessary.
By choosing the right condom size, safer sex can be your best sex.
GLYDE has you covered with three sizes: ULTRA, MAXI and SLIMFIT
ULTRA is our standard, medium condom. Width: 2.09”/53mm, Length 7.48” /190mm
MAXI is large (comparable to conventional extra-large). Width: 2.20” / 56mm, Length: 8.07”/205mm
SLIMFIT is snug and tight. Width 1.92” / 49mm, Length: 6.69” /170mm
ULTRA Organic Flavors Width: 2.09”/53mm, Length 7.48” /190mm
What’s your size?
Figuring out the right size is easy – all you need is string, a ruler or measuring tape, and an erect penis.
1. In order to accurately measure penis size, first you must have an erect penis (since penis size when flaccid is not an accurate measurement). How you choose to accomplish this task is up to you. But we can’t move any further in determining penis size until your penis has assumed the proper position!
2. Measure Penis Length -– Start off by measuring the length of your penis. All you need to do is use a ruler or measuring tape. Position the ruler or measuring tape at the base of your penis (where it attaches to your body –- make sure to press into the pubic bone as far as you can because fat can actually hide the length of your penis). Measure your penis length by marking how long it is from the base all the way to the end of the tip. Write down this number and label it “penis length”.
3. Measure Penis Girth -– Now you will be measuring around your penis, basically figuring out its circumference/thickness, or penis girth. For this step, you need to use a piece of string (or something similar) or a soft measuring tape. Gently wrap the string one time around the thickest part of the shaft/body of your erect penis (yes, it still needs to be erect!). Mark where the string meets and then measure the distance of the string with a ruler. You could also do the same thing with the soft measuring tape, and just mark the measurement once you reach around the penis. Write down this number and label it “penis girth”.
You can determine penis width or diameter by dividing the girth measurement by 3.14.
4. Great! Now you have a good idea of your penis size, and it’s time for the fun part (an erect penis is no longer needed). It is time to compare your penis size with the average penis size. Typically, the average erection has a penis length of approximately 5.5 to 6.3 inches (139.7 to 160.02 mm) and has a girth ranging between 4.5 to 5.1 inches (114.3 to 129.54 mm). The average diameter (penis width) would equal out to about 1.4 to 1.6 inches (35.56 to 40.64 mm). If your penis measurements are close to these averages, then a standard size condom should provide you with the most accurate fit. Keep in mind that a condom should completely cover your penis and have some space at the tip to catch the ejaculate.
It may be best to use condom width when comparing condom sizes. As a general guide, condoms with a width of 1.75 to 2 inches (44.45 to 50.8 mm) are typically considered standard, while those under 1.75 inches are categorized as snug and condoms over 2 inches are considered large.
Going by length may be confusing because different condom manufactures use slightly different measurements, so what one manufacturer calls large may actually be standard for another. Because of this, standard condoms may have a length between 7.25 to 7.8 inches (184.15 to 198.12 mm); snug condoms may have a length of 7 to 7.8 (177.8 to 198.12 mm); large condoms length ranges from 7.25 to 8.1 inches (184.15 to 205.74 mm).
Ref: Dawn, Stacey M.Ed,LMHC (Updated August 24,2011) How to Measure Penis Size, Retrieved May 15,2013 from www.About.com